Thursday, 29 May 2008

The Knife - Saturday 1pm - Suspension hearing

After lunch, the talent for the afternoon arrived. Aamey was already here with Colin, Caroline ("Board rep"), Grahame ("Principal") and Simon ("Chairman") all arrived. We were in the school of communication meeting room and this would be the board of trustees boardroom. We had a couple of rehearsals while we waited for Sara ("youth worker") to arrive, we were due to start filming at 1pm

At 1:15pm, I was beginning to get worried, I thought of what Simon (a professional actor) had told me by email, that getting non-actors to act doesn't always work. I called Sara a few times, but no answer, if I knew how long she would be, I could work out whether to try another scene (e.g. the Principal's office) while we waited for her. I had already mucked people around, Colin, Corey and Aamey had to leave at 6pm to go their family service after Corey's uncle had passed away, so I had swapped two scenes around - to the frustration of Grahame ("Principal").

At 1:20pm, I decided to prepare for the Principal scene and got Grahame and Colin into Jocelyn's office to rehearse. The others would just have to wait.

1:30pm and Sara arrived, she had got lost in Unitec. The problem was that she was embarrassed that she was late and not very relaxed for the shoot. She also hadn't remembered all of her lines.



The shoot got going and everyone did well, we did a few set up takes, then moved to close ups, doing a close up for each person (9 close up takes!)



Aamey, Caroline and Grahame Master Flash


The air conditioning wasn't on so people were starting to sweat and get anxious. I left everyone doing their thing as I raced to Pak n Sav to get some cold drinks. Unfortunately Pak n Sav didn't have anything cold, so I went to BP instead and got some cold ones from there ($50 was a bit over the top, but I needed everyone to stay cool and get through it).



Sara, Katya, me and Greg

No comments: