Thursday, 29 May 2008

The Knife - Saturday 8am - No director?



Soph and I arrived at the Unitec prefab area just before 8am. I called Unitec security and they wern't far off. Greg and Tamara were there. Max and Bradley (the "friends") arrived, as did Colin and Corey ("Tasi"). Rory MacKinnon ("Mr. Harrington") arrived. Security unlocked the classroom door with a reminder to ensure no one left the room unattended.

We moved some things around in the room, it was maybe a plumbing room with cylinders and things in the wrong place. Once we had the room right, all I needed was the director. I called Katya a couple of times, but no answer. Once Greg and Tamara were set up and ready to go, I thought we should probably just get started - but I'd never done this before - what does a director do?



Luckily Greg supported me, advising that the director just needs to say "action" and make sure the performance is up to scratch for what we need when it comes to editing. It took a few times before I got used to it, but I got the hang of things pretty quickly. I was a little bit stressed, but I was glad that Greg and Tamara knew what they were doing, they'd both done this lots of times before - I was confident that it would all work out.

No comments: