Thursday, 29 May 2008

The Knife - Saturday 9:30am - All good :D

We ripped through the morning, did all the classroom takes really well. I didn't know about the "atmosphere" track, but once we had all the footage we needed, Tamara would record a few minutes of "silence" which could be added at the editing stage to even out the background noise. We were on time - I had planned the classroom scene and the outside classroom scene to take until 9:30am. We were ready to do the lunchtime takes and we moved down to a courtyard area around the prefabs. We moved the tables around a bit, and made sure that the smokers ashtrays couldn't be seen by the camera. Katya arrived and was very apologetic, I wanted to hand over the role of director to her, but by now I'd already got the hang of things and Greg, Tamara and I had already got into a bit of a routine, it was hard to let go and let her take over.



We had a few small disagreements, like how I thought she was saying "cut" too early and I'd just been leaving Greg decide when it was best to stop filming. But we got through the most important scene (the lunchtime scene) within time, by 11:30am, and we had enough time to get through the optional ending scene (the lunchtime scene where Tasi was allowed back to school).

No comments: